RACE TALKS is hosting its 105th forum and second month of virtual programming
July’s program is:
“PROTECTING YOUR MENTAL HEALTH IN THE TIME OF COVID & RACIAL UPLIFTMENT”
Dr. Shea Lott, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at OHSU and Licensed Clinical Neuropsychologist at the Avel Gordly Center for Healing
****JULY FEATURES NEW BREAKOUT DISCUSSIONS****
In July, RACE TALKS will offer three levels of community dialogue for attendees to engage one another during breakout discussions: Introductory on July 9th, Intermediate on July 16th, and Advanced on July 23rd. Please take the quiz below to determine which forum best suits your personal understanding and awareness about race and racism.
ADVANCED: Thursday, July 23rd, 7-9pm
**The panel presentation will be the same on each night. **
QUIZ: What RACE TALKS Level Am I?
Instructions: Answer the eight question quiz below and count your “yes” answers. Read the Results below to determine which level you should register. Attendees can forego the quiz and self select the level they believe best suits them. Everyone is invited to engage at the appropriate level of dialogue which they are comfortable.
1. Are you a BIPOC ?
2. Do you actively live or socialize with BIPOC Communities?
3. Have you experienced being the only person of your ethnicity in the room on a dozen or more occasions?
4. Have you read more than 10 African American authors?
5. Have your read more than 10 authors from the African diaspora?
6. Can you discuss the relationship between Affirmative Action, BIPOC, non-binary, stacking order, and White centering?
7. Do you understand the inter-sectionality between BIPOC and LGBTQIA2S?
8. Have you joined a social justice organization for Black people or advocated openly for Black people at work, socially or with a governmental agency?
Introductory Level: If you answered “yes” to 1-3 of the questions, you are at the Introductory level. This event has past. Watch the Facebook Live video here. If you participated in the virtual forum, we invite you to fill out our feedback form to let us know what you thought of the experience.
Intermediate Level: This event has past. Watch the Facebook Live video here. If you participated in the virtual forum, we invite you to fill out our feedback form to let us know what you thought of the experience.
Advanced Level: If you answered “yes” to 7-8 of the questions, you are at the Advanced level and should register for the July 23rd event here.